Deer Mountain® Neighborhood News Update
May 29, 2019
Change the Date! Save the Date!
Our Annual Spring Clean Up Date is now June 8th .
Hi Deer Mountain Neighbors, For the first time in a long time, our ten-day weather forecast predicts more days of sunshine than rain or snow! Let’s celebrate the sun and our neighborhood at our June 8th annual spring clean up. Join us for breakfast starting at 8:30 am at the upper Deer Mountain Boulevard bus stop, followed by clean up.
Trail Update – If you enter Deer Mountain through the South Entrance (the one closer to Kamas), you can see the beginnings of our new trail. Weather permitting, work will continue over the next several months. As part of the next phase, you might see or hear motorcycles on the trail. They are being used to haul gas and equipment to the upper portions of the trail.
Library-In-A-Box – A Library-In-A-Box will be installed in the school bus stop on upper Deer Mountain Boulevard and available for use in June. If you would like to donate books, please let us know via the portal.
Do’s and Don’ts – This month’s newsletter emphasizes some Deer Mountain Do’s and Don’ts that may be less well known to long time and newer residents alike.
• Don’t park or drive on the concrete pads in front of the mailboxes. This can cause the concrete to crack, which will cost our HOA money to replace.
• Do keep your garbage cans out of sight. As sections 11.9 and 11.11 of our CC&Rs so elegantly require “…sanitary containers located in appropriate areas screened and concealed from view…” “Refuse, garbage and trash shall be kept at all times in a covered, noiseless container and any such container shall be kept within an enclosed structure or appropriately screened from view.” For now, let’s not dwell on what is a noiseless container but instead turn our attention to what does screened from view mean. If your garbage can is visible from the street or by your neighbors, it is not properly screened.
• Don’t try to create parking on your property other than in your garage or on your driveway. Driveway and garage parking are the only approved parking areas on our properties. Several neighbors have tried to create additional parking by building unauthorized gravel areas on their properties. Violation notices have been sent and, if uncured, fines have or will be levied.
• Do pay your annual dues. Final notices have gone out to those in arrears. • Do continue to post your concerns, suggestions and constructive feedback on our portal.
• Don’t post your issues in mean-spirited or entitled manner. Please be reminded that the Board will not be holding an open meeting in June. Our next open meeting is July 9, 2019 from 3 to 5 pm at Zions Bank, 1100 Snow Creek Drive. If you cannot attend in person, you may call in at 319-527-3511, code: 9952953#. If you plan to call in, please let us know by posting on the ACS portal. Warm regards, Deer Mountain HOA Board
Warm regards, Deer Mountain HOA Board